Montag, 7. Januar 2019

Learning React & Redux

I am currently learning React & Redux - yep, I didn't catch up with FE frameworks mainly because I did not care about learning more and blamed it on working alone and having two little children at home.

But now I am catching up finally with videos:

  1. I started watching Wes Bos'  "React for beginners" more than one year ago and stopped because I wanted to switch learning Vue.js with a Udemy course which I also only started watching.
  2. I watched Frontend Masters' "Complete Intro to React v4" which I think is pretty cool and compact. It helped that I had been starting with Wes Bos' React course long ago.
  3. I watched Wes Bos' (updated) "React for beginners" completely and having watched 2) before helped a lot.
  4. Currently, I am watching Wes Bos' "Learn Redux" and I guess I have to watch it once again. Without a current personal React project, it is hard to store all this information in my mind and understand it.
  5. Then I plan to watch Wes Bos' "Fullstack Advanced React and GraphQL", which I have already bought during the winter season sale.
I'm having a hard time learning, but I do not give up. Sometimes it all seems to be so elegant and easy, but then again when I want to do something on my own it turns out that I am missing the big picture still. Unfortunately, there is no "React pill" I simply can swallow and get it all. Also, I don't know what the best way for learning would be for me - I guess having a buddy pairing me would be best.
Anyways, it makes things easier now that I have accepted that watching video tutorials several times is not a bad thing. If it helps me understand things, then it's good.




Sa Jan 26: It might sound silly, but instead of "Fullstack Advanced React and GraphQL" I now do "React 16.6 - The Complete Guide (incl. React Router & Redux)" from Udemy, which by now seems to now have a 1000% discount for having a user account... I know, it's learning "React for beginners" once more, but from yet a different perspective. And I love it (beware the guy's English, though). No shame.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen