Sonntag, 27. November 2011

My Review of Head First jQuery


Great, but...

By RBloeth from Berlin, germany on 11/27/2011

 

4out of 5

Pros: Well-written, Easy to understand

Cons: Too many errors

Best Uses: Novice, Student, Intermediate

Describe Yourself: Developer

As all Head First books I know so far, also this one is simply great. But: At least the PDF edition I bought 3 days ago contains so many errors that it should undergo serious proof reading again.
The errors are technical, so if you're a beginner and start to learn jQuery with this book, it might cause damage to your understanding.
Dear folks at O'Reilly: Please withdraw the first edition and do your homework. You could then also update the contents to use jQuery 1.7 (e.g. using on() and off() instead off bind() and unbind().
Nevertheless I love this series!

I will definitely recommend this book to my friends as soon as the errors are corrected!

(legalese)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen