Donnerstag, 3. November 2011

Just fell in love with Sublime Text 2

Icon design by Nate Beaty
 Nate BeatyI just fell in love with the great cross-platform coding text editor "Sublime Text 2" after having read this article on nettuts+.

I have been looking for the ideal text editor for what seems like ages. Under Windows I stuck with Notepad++, whilst most OS X guys use TextMate - if they don't use vim, that is.

Under Ubuntu it was difficult - first I've tried Geany, then used Netbeans. After that I've tried to get used to vim/gvim, then turned over to Komodo Edit, which I really thought would be my final destination. Until I'd given Sublime Text 2 a try. One of the big pro's to me is: It is cross-platform, free to try (and to use, but I've just purchased a license for it, which is valid per person, not per install) and it combines block editing with some of the great TextMate features. Btw you can use all TextMate bundles with Sublime Text 2.

If you've never seen it, give it a try. And of course you can also use it with all your vim shortcuts - read the article on nettuts+ to learn how.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen